24th & 25th May 2012, are important days for BJP Party members and followers in recent times. A two-National Executive Meet was called where all prominent Leaders were to participate and display a show of strength to set the ball rolling for 2014 elections.
Mr.Narendra Modi, today’s superstar of BJP, was in two minds to attend since his bete noire, Sanjay Joshi was still attending the meeting. Mr.Sanjay Joshi resigned from the party post and did not attend the meeting.
Sanjay Joshi’s resgination came on the eve of the Meeting and NaMo attended the Meet from the afternoon of 24th.
From the reports on the SM (since MSM refused to look in that direction), one gets the impression that the presence of NaMo had got the party workers charged up and were all hopeful of a fresh beginning for BJP when going to 2014 polls.
Mr.LKA, a very senior Party Leader did not attend the Rally and could become the talking point in MSM. Reasons quoted were prior engagements but apparently peeved by the hastily brought about change in constitution to accomodate another term for Mr.Gadkari. (As read in the DNA of 26th May).
Understandably Ms.Sushma Swaraj execused herself from the rally held on 25th.
On 24th a major change in the constitution of BJP party was made to allow a Party President to be re-elected and will be given another term to oversee the 2014 elections.
Mr.Gadkari, he has an image of an affable man with a pleasing demeanour which goes well with all the stalwarts in the Party. Perhaps, that is the reason for RSS to back his candidature for a 2nd term also. However, Mr.Gadkari should exercise a lot of caution and not repeat mistakes like Kushawa, which may cost the party’s image a lot.
The highlights of course was the 2nd day Rally in the evening in the heart of Mumbai City, which caused a traffic jam since the party workers were waiting to hear their SuperStar NaMo.
The Rally in the evening, which was live streamed by BJP Office of Mumbai and Yuva TV, confirmed the following:
- GenNext of BJP is ready to take on the mantle.
- The torchbearers of GenNext of BJP are now from the states rather than the Central Leadership with the focus on performing CMs of the Party.
- NaMo, it appears from the tweets on the Rally, is the clear winner and the first among the equals when it comes to leading the Party in 2014. This conclave can more or less been seen as the ceremony anointing NaMo for the bigger role as expected.
Now for the highlights of the BJP SuperStar’s speech in the Rally:-
- It was a speech targeting only his equal, that is the PM and a bliztering attack on the govt.
- Only burning issues, which is plaguing the country today, were raised
- No direct personal attacks were made.
- No mention of RG and a passing reference to SG.
The speech to the extent seen by me was matured and shows that NaMo as the National Leader has emerged. Now for the people of the country to give him and his team a chance. Finally, if given a chance hope they do not belie the faith reposed.